Simply pray… Early this morning I put together some scripture verses for prayer. Please join me in prayer for our children and grandchildren.With each prayer is a verse to proclaim. I would like to encourage you to speak and declare the verses out loud (so powerful) and trust God to work on the heart of your children/grandchildren:
1. Lord, we pray our children/ grandchildren will believe in you with a devoted heart. “I will extol You, my God, O King, And I will bless Your name forever and ever” (Psalm 145:1). It’s not enough to believe. The Bible reminds us that even the devil believed. But we pray that our children would fully and completely devote their hearts to God.
2. Lord, we pray our children will let you transform their lives.“I will give them a heart to know that I am the LORD, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart” (Jeremiah 24:7). Life change is what we all desire to see in our children. We want the old to be made new. And we want our children to walk in truth. Father grab hold of their hearts and mold them into the masterpiece you have made them to be.
3. Lord, we pray our children will be protected and convicted when sin tries to creep into their lives. “For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom hereceives.” (Hebrews 12:6).
4. Lord, we pray our children will do what is right according to your word. “Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.” (Psalm37:3)
5. Lord, we pray our children will believe the truth about who they are in Christ. “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them” (Ephesians 2:10).Identity is foundational to each of us. Most of us take on an identity early in life and many times it sticks with us for life. We pray that our children would believe the truth about who they are in Christ.
6. Lord, we pray our children will listen and obey your voice.“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand” (John 10:27-28).These days we are bombarded by noise. Social media has overwhelmed us in many ways and has made it hard to hear from God, to distinguish His voice. We pray that our children would be sensitive to God’s voice. Father, tune their ears to listen to what You tell them over what the world is telling them.
7. Lord, we pray our children will make wise choices in the face of peer pressure. “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (1Corinthians 10:31).
8. Lord, we pray our children’s hearts will be protected from evil. “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life” (Proverbs 4:23).
9. Lord, we pray our children will have compassion on others.“Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.”(Romans 12:10).
10. Lord, We pray our children will love you with their heart, soul, and mind. “And he said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”(Matthew 22:37)